The Maternity at Calmette hospital was created to provide a complete obstetrics care in a comfortable and reassuring environment, with an experienced physicians and midwives and state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment technology.
In the hospitalization sector, it now has 80 beds. These are divided into 3 types of accommodation through patient expectations.
– About 36 000 outpatients per year
– About 10 000 deliveries per year, including 2700 by caesarean section.
- Premarital and preconception counseling, childbearing and prenatal care
- Antenatal care for normal and complicated or high-risk pregnancies
- Labor and pre- and post-delivery care
- Supportive breastfeeding preparation and counseling
- Birth control services
- Routine ultrasound to check gestational age and fetal development
- Baby examination, vaccination, blood test
- Echocardiography for the baby
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
A Level IIID NICU provides 24-hour care for babies requiring intensive care. The unit is staffed by a team of France-trained neonatologists and nurses.