CALMETTE University Hospital of Cambodia
Division of Diabetes – Endocrinology and Metabolism
Our Division: mission and responsibility
Committed to the comprehensiveness and the quality in patient care, CALMETTE University Hospital Division of Diabetes – Endocrinology and Metabolism is consistently focusing on multidisciplinary patient care approach. Our faculty and clinical providers work together with all local, regional and international partners to offer the best care available to our patients. As major teaching hospital of Cambodia, we progress towards best education for future endocrine fellows for the country through our available means and activities: seminars, clinical teaching and endocrine laboratory.
Contacts information for an appointment: (855) 11 414 065
For diabetes care, the Division of Diabetes – Endocrinology and Metabolism is strongly determined to help our patients and their families, through our out- and in-patients care activities, to learn to manage diabetes with confidence in order that short- and long-term complications from this chronic condition can be maximally reduced.
The diabetes team provides a varied spectrum of diabetes management — from preventing the disease conditions and complications to coordinating specialty care for patients with advanced forms of diabetes, such as diabetes and advanced kidney failure, diabetes and heart failure, diabetes and eye, diabetes and surgery.
Diabetes care services comprise:
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Oral antidiabetic medications and insulin therapy management
- Routine and regular health screening to check for kidney, eye, skin, heart, lipid and blood pressure disorders
- Prevention and treatment of diabetes-related complications, including specialists in kidney problems and heart issues
- Diabetes education for effective self-management
Other conditions we care for:
- Thyroid disorders: hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, nodular goiters, thyroid cancer screening with thyroid ultrasound and fine needle aspiration biopsy (FNAB)
- Adrenal disorders: secondary adrenal insufficiency in particular
- Pituitary disorders: dysmenorrhea related to hyperprolactinemia, pituitary adenoma
- Lipid disorders: hypertriglyceridemia, hypercholesterolemia in patient with high blood pressure and/or diabetes
Education for patient
- Diabetes and complications: disease and treatment education
- Thyroid disorders: disease and treatment education
- Thyroid cancers: disease and treatment education