The mission of the Division of Digestive and Oncological Surgery of Calmette Hospital:
- Is to provide quality care to the patient with varieties of benign and maligning digestive diseases, soft tissue cancers and gynecologic cancers. Quality care means full implementation of the steps involved with the care of the patient, i.e. early detection, diagnosis, staging, treatment, follow up, and palliative treatment.
- Is to provide surgical education and training of our residents and students in the areas of Digestive Surgery and Surgical Oncology.
The areas of special expertise include:
- Gallstones management (extra-intrahepatic stones)
- Hepatic cyst, Choledochal cyst and Pancreatic pseudocyst. The liver surgery such as liver resection are frequently performed and under technical development to attend a standard of care.
- Minimally Invasive Surgery such as laparoscopic cholecystectomy, appendectomy, Hernia repair and laparoscopic colorectal surgery, provide less traumatic surgery, fast recovery and early return to normal life for the patients.
- Our surgical oncology’s team are leaded in the country and pioneering in colorectal cancers, gastric cancer, pancreatic cancer, breast cancer, gynecologic cancers and soft tissue cancers. We are working with multidisciplinary team to assure the best quality of care for patients.